NAIROBI, Kenya- Spectators will keep abreast with Saturday’s TopFry Nakuru Rally proceedings in real time via the live tracking system organisers have introduced as part of the safety plans for the event.
The Rift Valley Motor Sports and Club (RVMSC) event was deferred earlier due to the August 8 General Elections with 18 starters entered thus far.
Clerk of the Course Alexander Kobachev said a link will be published on social media to enable public access of rally proceedings on mobile phones, tablets and desktop computers.
“We will also use the WRC TAG Heuer timing system to relay timings at the rally headquarters and offer spectators live tracking based on satellite communication.
“We will definitely publish the link where everyone can watch rally action live. The link will be published on Facebook and made available to the media and can actually be multiplied and shared through various social media channels,” Kovatchev remarked.
“We are looking forward to an exciting action-packed weekend for both the competitors and fans. We want to assure all spectators adequate arrangements have been put in place, so those who wish to come with their kids, it will be a fun filled family outing.
“We’ll provide all the necessary amenities that are required,” the Head of Marketing at Menengai Oil Refineries Simpson Osiemo, added.
The designated spectator viewing area will be the ASK Showground while prize giving will be held at RVMSC Clubhouse in Solai.
Top Fry Nakuru Rally seeded entry list
- Carl Flash Tundo/Tum Jessop
- Onkar Rai/Gareth Dawe (Skoda Fabia R5)
- Baldev Singh Chager/Ravi Soni (Mitsubishi Evolution 10)
- Ian Duncan/Amaar Slatch (Mitsubishi Evolution 10)
- Karan Patel/James Mwangi (Mitsubishi Evolution 10)
- 6.Tejveer Rai/Zahir Shah (Mitsubishi Evolution 10)
- Farhaaz Khan/Keith Henrie (Mitsubishi Evolution 10)
- Jasmeet Chana/Ravi Chana (Mitsubishi Evolution 10)
- Mahesh Halai/ Ketan Halai (Subaru N12)
- Eric Bengi/Tuta Mionki(Subaru N12)
- Minesh J Rathod/ Shameer Ole Yusuf (Mitsubishi Evolution 10)
- Aakif Virani/Azhar Bhatti (Subaru)
- Ammar ‘Bushy’ Haq/Victor Okundi (Subaru N10)
- Tash Tundo/Chantal Chantal Louise Young (Subaru N10)
- Hussein Malik/ Steven P. Njenga(Mitsubishi Evolution 6)
- Leonardo Varese/Kigo Kareithi(Toyota Corolla RSI 2007 2WD)
- Sam Karangatha/ Edward N. Ndukui (Subaru Leon 1991 2WD)
- Nikhil Sachania/Salim Khan (Mitsubishi Evolution 10)